Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Admission

Alright...so this is a little late coming, but guess what.  I received admission to Villanova BSN Express Nursing!!!  So what does that mean.  Well, it means so many things.  The biggest thing is that I am offically an Nursing student!!  I have two classes that I MUST get A's in order to be admitted.  Well really, B's, but I am aiming for the stars because at this point I feel like I can do anything.  So I will officially be done with all prerequisites for Nursing School January 19 2011.  The big question that looms over my head, and what instills fear in me is, what is the future of my military career?  Ultimately, it's over.  Yep, just like that, it's over.  I would love to say I loved it, it was the time of my life, and I will miss it.  But the Lord, and multiple friends no my heart...GOOD RIDDANCE!!!  I know, the Army has provided a lot of benefits to a lot of people, including myself.  The Army sent me to school to get an education.  The Army deployed me to Afghanistan and has allowed me to complete four classes in a year time frame.  The Army has taught me lessons that I will always remember.  Mostly that there are certain people in life I don't want to deal with and jobs I don't want to do, because they ultimately have no purpose in life.  So to the Army, I say thank you.  You taught me life lessons, that have ultimately made me mature as a person.  You taught me alot.  Mostly about men, myself, my big mouth, and what I really want to do.

In order to guide my path, I have developed a plan.  A lot of people think I don't have a plan.  They really think I am just out in the wind flapping, hoping that I get picked up.  But in all honest truth.  Since February I have been plotting and planning for this.  The only thing that has caused me to lose focus is myself and my self fear.  I know when people ask me, what am I going to do when I get out the Army, my response is to get out and help poor babies.  And ultimately, that is it.  But there is so much behind that plan, you don't even know.  What most people don't know about me, is that I am very impatient, and I really want things now.  Meaning, I don't want to finish my prerequisites in January, I want to do it now.  That's just an example.  When I tell you that I will accept admittance to any school.  Well that is kind of true.  I will accept admittance to any school that has a stellar reputation and affordable.  So trust me when I say, when I play dumb, it's to keep you at  bay.  It's not to appease you of what my true goals are so that you can keep another body trapped in this institution of the Army.  I am a planner when it comes to me and my life.  I will stay up all night to figure out how I am going to get out of something.  This particular something is the Army.  So hear is my plan.

I have developed a five year plan that is relatively simple, but will definitely require some work.
MAY 2011 - Enter into Villanova's BSN Express Program
AUG 2012 Graduate from Villanova's BSN Express and take the NCLEX
September 2012-2014 - Beginning nursing career working in either a Pediatric or Trauma wing
JAN 2015 - Apply for Doctors Without Borders and begin working internationally.

So what does this plan say.  That I have basically and generically planned what I really want to do and the goal I want.  But what it does not detail is my night thoughts of how I will go about it.  The items and people I will ultimately have to give up in order to put this plan in motion.  What no one has failed to realize except for me that I want this so bad that I am willing to give up sex for this.  SERIOUSLY!!!  Why, because men and sex are distractions.  And I can't afford for andy distractions.  Because at the end of the day, I cannot end up where I am now, deployed unwillingly to a war zone in a job I don't care about.  So yes, the attack of the boo dreams have been in full effect.  I expect they will only get worse.

Danielle...STOP LAUGHING!!!

Yes, there are implied tasks in my five year plan, but for the most part that is the general idea, to work internationally.  If one thing, this deployment has taught me.  There are people way more less fortunate than I.  There are children starving. There are mothers with children who lay in the middle of the road hoping that a coalition vehicle will drop food or money there way.  Basic diseases that have been virtually eradicated in the US, continue to devour a sizable portion of underveloped populations.  Things, that I don't know nor did I ever experience because I grew up in the comforts of the United States.  Where vaccinations were mandatory, being poor still meant I had some resemblance of shelter over my head, and I didn't have to hustle for the next meal, I will never know what it means to be truly poor.  I know the critics will say, there are still portions of US society that experience this.  Therefore, my main priority should be to stay in the states.  I have no argument with those people except this.  America, no matter how racist the institutions may be, still offer freedom and choice, something that the majority of the population in Afghanistan and countries like it lack.

So in the end, I would like to say thank you to all my haters, you know who you are. 

Deuces!!

No comments:

Post a Comment